Monday, October 24, 2005

When the going gets tough ...

When effort goes unrewarded, when caliber goes unnoticed, when passion is ignored - you wonder why! why cry to be heard? why shout till you're hoarse? why beg when you're rich? why waste a tear? why not just move on ....

The answer is - a dream - a dream I nurtured. For all of five years! day in and day out, no matter what I did - I saw a dream that was a speck in the horizon - the ever nearing horizon. I dreamt of living my dream - I dreamt of reaching the horizon. Only now do I realise how wicked the horizon was being to me... The faster I ran toward it, the faster it ran away from me..
I cry to be heard .. I shout till I'm hoarse .. I beg though I'm rich .. A tear trickles down - but all it does is add a drop to the ocean between me and the cruel horizon and that innocuous speck!

When the going gets tough... it gets tougher and tougher!

The passage of agony seems endless, but hey! maybe its just a maze and the door called ecstasy is round the corner - hiding from my view, teasing me till I find the right turn that gets me there!

7 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger kochuthresiamma p .j said...

you would make a good poet- or is it circumstances that make a poet? try publishing this piece in poetry .com. Ha!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Joseph V Mathew said...

dreams and tears
shattered hopes and tears
rejection and tears
ecstacy and tears...

what is common in all situations?

tears ,my son,the original emotion.

do not be shy to shed them
do not be cynical about them
be proud about them
because you are human!and a courageous one too!!

now that the primitive feelings are out
look ahead,not around
and truly hitch your wagon to a star
and ride on...
sucess is for the brave hearts
and,i am sure,my son,you are one!!!
Joseph V.Mathew

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger Yulje Handbook said...

When efforts go unrewarded, we fail to see what it has taught us......when our calibre goes unnoticed we have to remember we are not the only ones......
Life never gives us things we want.....it uses us the way it wants.....But it does at times gives us happiness we don't deserve......to be heard, stop crying....THEY'll want to listen to u.......





Oh....by the way......gr8 vocabulary!!!!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

think i know exactly what u mean... been thru a few similar ones myself... probably not as intense, but then it's pretty much the level that makes a difference everywhere!!
don't worry dude... someday the tough really WILL get going! :)

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Yulje Handbook said...

uuuuhhhh......ok....i sent u those comments like ages ago......good tat uve finally woken up...hehe...pinne enthokke undu vishesham.....???.....yeah i am ur mom's student...uhh...i was....y did she leave sophias?....v had a tough time doing culture studies dis sem....our seniors told us tat she was a great culture studies teacher.....missed her...

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Thoughts for a dime said...

I agree..this passage in our lives is sheer agony..you have to be in it to fathom the endlessness and desperation...have heard alot of friends say this struggle changes you for ever! and it does. But we chose it,it did not choose us..and we chose it because we dared to dream..we dared to think different from the ratpack..we dared to think we could make a difference with our work(maybe we can!) but what is life without dreams...or ambitions...an empty floating vessel in this sea of humanity..so when the going gets tough,hang onto those aspirations and never let go!!!
good luck,kiddo!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger kochuthresiamma p .j said...

@ renu ann
u r a brave person who dard to dream, and fought ur way thru the odds. keep it up renu.
u too. how well u write. i first began noticing thru ur responses to my blogs.
latent talents - more to emerge?
lab station seems to have survived the tough going - the latest blog shows a relaxed, confident mind

 

Post a Comment

<< Home